About the OCA
Founded in 1889, the Ottawa Construction Association today is one of the largest regional construction associations in Canada and the voice of Ottawa's non-residential construction industry. Combined, our membership of over 1,100 firms builds more than 90 per cent of the Ottawa region's $3-billion commercial, industrial and institutional market.
We are an effective voice for our members before all levels of government, promoting suitable and desirable legislation affecting the construction industry. We work to maintain and promote industry best practices that, if followed, promote business decisions and relationships that respect the principles of fairness, ethics and teamwork and service to minimize costly misunderstandings, disputes and delays in the construction industry.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To foster and advance the interests of those who are engaged in any branch of the non-residential construction industry and to represent the interests of our members before the local, provincial and federal levels of government.
- Maintain and promote high standards in the construction industry.
- Operate a display service for plans and specifications of construction projects out for tender for the convenience of owners, designers and member firms.
- Create networking opportunities for members to get to know and learn from each other
- Maintain and promote teamwork and the highest ethical standards in the construction industry
- To promote suitable and desirable legislation affecting the industry in all its branches and to provide liaison with all levels of government for any contemplated legislation insofar as it affects the non-residential construction industry.
- Provide members with any other service which becomes desirable as determined by the Board of Directors
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors. The Chairman and 15 Directors are elected from within the membership annually. Equitable representation on the Board from the Association's main sections is mandatory. The 5 main sections are made up of general contractors; trade contractors; mechanical/electrical contractors, road builders and heavy construction contractors; manufacturers, supplier and service companies and professionals.
About The OCA Website
The OCA maintains this website for the benefit of its members and as a service to anyone needing information about Ottawa's non-residential construction industry. Features of this site include: information about the OCA and its services, construction project information, construction news, and a directory of our member firms and some of the many services they offer.
Some features of this site can be accessed by members only. These include:
- the Electronic Plansroom, which contains all drawings, specifications and addenda of the projects on display in the OCA's Plans Room.
- access to tender results and daily project update bulletins.
Access to members-only portions of the website is controlled by use of a User ID and Password. Members may obtain their User ID by contacting Michael Roy at email@example.com
Listing with the Online Directory
The online directory is similar to the OCA's printed directory, featuring both an alphabetical listing of members (similar to a phonebook's white pages) and a classified listing of services (similar to a phonebook's yellow pages).
All members are listed in the membership list and members may link their listing to their corporate website at no charge. Members may also choose to have their company listed in the classified section. Each listing includes company name, phone number and link to their website (if applicable). Each OCA member is entitled to three free listings in the classified section. Additional entities are $15 each
Both members and non-members have access to view the directory.
Questions or Comments
Members may take advantage of these services at anytime by contacting Michael Roy, at the OCA, at 613-236-0488 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone with questions or suggestions about the OCA's website should also contact Michael.