Construction Tendering & Contracts
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 3 hours
OCA Members: $50.00
This seminar will focus on the basics of Tendering and Contract law as it applies to the construction industry.
Subjects to include:
- Basic Contract Law principles with specific discussion of the 1981 Supreme Court Ron Engineering decision - the creation of Contract ‘A’ when a contractor submits a bid and the formation of Contract ‘B’ when the Owner accepts the bid
- Rights and obligations of the contractor and subcontractors
- What are your options when confronted with an unacceptable provision or contract?
- Rights and obligations of the owner – Privilege Clause – Can an owner arbitrarily accept any bid without giving any reason? MJB Enterprises
- What are damages if there is a breach of a contract between an owner and a contractor? Likewise between a contractor and subcontractor
- Mistakes in Tenders
- Key construction contract provisions – payment, changes, notice provisions, termination, dispute resolution. The importance of maintaining a detailed paper trail.