Introduction to Construction Estimating - E-learning course
The course duration is approximately 4 hrs.
To enroll in this course, you must purchase a PIN number. PIN's cost $150.00 each plus HST.
To order a PIN click the 'ORDER PIN' button below.ORDER PIN
Accurate and precise estimating is critical to the financial viability of a construction firm. This course provides an introduction to the field of construction estimating and covers all aspects of the production of an accurate estimate.
This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the building practices involved in the construction process
- Consider factors that affect labour and operational costs when preparing estimates
- Consider the management of materials for an estimate
- Describe how to maintain systems for managing records
- Know how to produce accurate and professional estimates
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Explain different types of changes and their impacts on projects
This course is intended for people working in estimating or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.