Labour Relations & Employment Law
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 3 hrs.
OCA Members: $50.00
This seminar should be of interest to both unionized and non-unionized contractors as it will focus on the basics of labour relations and employment law in the construction industry. Subjects to include:
- Acquisition of bargaining rights by a construction trade union – by way of vote, automatic certification and certification by virtue of unlawful conduct by employer, management or respective agents.
- Selling your business – Does the Bargaining Relationship continue with the new owner? What about related businesses?
- A key man leaves to open a new business – Is the new company bound?
- When a unionized General Contractor acts as a “Construction Manager” –what restrictions are there on using non-union sub-trades?
- Dealing with union grievances & the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- Terminating workers: Best practices for employers to avoid costly litigation
- Employee Medical Absences