National Construction Safety Awareness Training - E-learning course
The course duration is approximately 6 hrs.
To enroll in this course, you must purchase a PIN number. PIN's cost $100.00 each plus HST.
To order a PIN click the 'ORDER PIN' button below.ORDER PIN
Whether you are just starting out, or have been in the industry for years, the information presented in this course will help you to understand what you can do to keep yourself, your co-workers and the environment you work in safe every day.
You know that construction can be a dangerous industry to work in. You work with tools, equipment and vehicles that require special training and consideration, and you work in environments that call for tradespeople to be constantly aware of the potential hazards to your health and safety.
This Construction Safety Awareness course was developed by the construction industry as a national course to give you an overview and encourage a general awareness of the health and safety issues you’ll be faced with on any work site in Canada.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the key rights and responsibilities that you, your co-workers and your employer has on any worksite
- Identify the communications that must take place on any job site to ensure safe work practices
- Identify the measures you need to take off the job site to make sure you're ready for work on the job site
- Identify the personal protective equipment you'll be using on the job site, and how to use it effectively
- Identify the precautions you need to take when working with workplace chemicals, including understanding WHMIS and MSDS
- Identify the types of hazards you may encounter on a job site, and how to recognize, assess and control them
- Identify the tools, equipment and vehicles you'll be using on site and how to use them safely
- Identify the precautions to take when working at heights, excavating and trenching, and working near power lines
This course is intended for everyone working in construction in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
The course duration is approximately 6 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
How to Enroll