Profitable Contracting Seminar
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 6 hrs.
OCA Members: $250.00
Do you have labour productivity concerns, high overhead costs, below-budget profits and one continuous headache with cash flow?
Then this is the course for you!
This six-hour Profitable Contracting course provides operating, field personnel and administrative staff the systems and processes required to manage their expenses and improve profitability.
Profitable Contracting discusses both operational and financial management issues the facilitator experienced during his career of over 35 years many of which will apply to your company: profit requirements, estimating, project management, labour productivity, human resource skills, materials and tools management, change orders, job costing, cash flow, AR collections, risk management, overhead controls, asset controls and a host of others.
- 8 profit requirements
- Losses common to many contractors
- Estimating – critical labour factors
- Materials and tools management
- Effective negotiation strategies for major purchases
- Controlling change orders
- Costs of lost productivity – direct and indirect
- Causes of poor productivity
- Effective planning and scheduling
- Managing human resources
- Cost control
- Cash flows and cash management
- Financial reports
- Controlling overheads – just 2 simple numbers
- AR and AP analysis
- Revenue goals – just 3 simple numbers
- Accounts receivable collections
- Using your accountants more effectively
- Bonding and insurance
- Protecting your assets from fraud
- Personal productivity
- Go-forward positioning
- Key strategies to maintain and improve profits and increase cash flow
- Managing labour productivity
- Effective human resource policies and procedures
- Forecasting adequate revenue to ensure overheads are covered and profit is achieved
- Ensuring that billings and change orders are controlled and monitored for collection
- Negotiating major material and equipment purchases and delivery dates
- Safeguarding company assets
- Reviewing, calculating and discussing financial performance tools that assist decision making
- Forecasting business and project cash flows
Who Should Attend
Every employee can benefit from this course especially those who influence profits:
- Department and division managers
- Project managers and coordinators
- Field supervisors
- Gold Seal candidates
Course fee includes lunch and a detailed course manual complete with all the topics, exercises and schedules needed to improve business.
Your Facilitator: Wayne Newell
For over 35 years Wayne served in senior financial leadership roles and worked with companies throughout Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. His experiences and expertise, shared with many companies, has helped owners, managers, employees and businesses grow. In doing so, he has amassed a library of knowledge on what makes a successful contracting company.
During his seminars he discusses his experiences in implementing specific techniques, methods and strategies used to help contracting companies increase profits, control and/or reduce costs and improve cash flows. He has been presenting his exclusive seminars in major Canadian cities since 2003. He was awarded his CMA in 1972.