WSIB and Construction Safety Liability
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 3 hrs.
OCA Members: $50.00
This legal seminar will focus on the responsibilities and liabilities on construction employers and individuals in relation to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WSIB legislation and regulations. Attendees will gain an understanding of your risk exposure as well as insight into managing your WSIB costs.
Workplace Safety & Insurance Law Topics:
- What's New at the WSIB
- New Claim Suppression Penalties
- New Rules for Mental Stress Claims
- New Rate Framework Update
- Return-to-Work and Cooperation Obligations
- Improving CAD-7 Performance
Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations:
- Workplace Violence and Harassment - What are your worker's rights and obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act?
- The General Contractor, the Sub-Trades and the Owner - Who is responsible for what on a construction project under the Occupational Health & Safety Act?
- The Legalization of Marijuana - How does this impact the workplace parties' obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act?