BackDRAFT Training for Construction
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 1 day
OCA Members: $275.00
Fee includes lunch
Writing is now the world’s most widely used medium of communication. Whether in reports, emails, notes, responses to RFPs or prequalification statements, each of us writes today more than we ever have. BackDRAFT Training for Construction makes writing easy. Participants learn to spot and repair the most common errors and weaknesses in corporate writing, and study techniques to make writing clearer and more persuasive—in a third of the time.
- Writing in plain language
- Discover your writing personality
- Email best practices
- Writing for target audiences
- Responding to requests for proposals
- Writing a compelling qualifications statement
Who should attend: everyone in your company: executives, estimators, project managers and site superintendents. This course contains valuable information about best practices for clearer, more effective written communication, with specific examples of materials and situations unique to the construction industry.
Course instructor: James Raiswell
In addition to being the writer and editor of the OCA’s Construction Comment magazine and the Grand Valley Construction Association’s Journal magazine, James provides writing services for a variety of clients across the public and private sectors. His experience as a professional writer spans more than 20 years and countless genres: speeches, websites, magazines, video scripts, technical and annual reports—and more.
James is also certified to deliver the BackDRAFT writing training course, a proprietary system that is based on ISO-9000 quality-control methods and which teaches novice and experienced writers alike how to write faster and better than ever before.
Some comments from the last BackDRAFT seminar:
• I found training extremely useful and valuable.I would definitely recommend training to my colleagues and think that it is worth the cost.
• The course on writing was excellent and the instructors who presented the material were fantastic. As a person that struggles with writing on a daily basis, I found the tips and techniques presented easy to follow and understand, and find myself already starting to use these principals. I highly recommend this course to others that do need to write on a daily basis.
• I found the course to have great content. The presenters kept the students engaged. It was enjoyable! The value of the course was fair. I will recommend that my staff attend.
Fee includes lunch