Dispatcher Training - 2 day program
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 2 days
OCA Members: $500.
This two-day program is designed to help new or experienced dispatchers advance their careers, improve satisfaction with their jobs, understand their vital role to the company, and significantly enhance their ability to contribute to the company's success.
Dispatchers perform a key role that is critical to the successful operation of any service business. As the company's primary representative with the client, the dispatcher provides the nerve centre for service scheduling, resource allocation, priority setting, and final customer satisfaction – all elements of a good customer service function.
Professional dispatchers can improve company productivity by getting the most from limited service resources, building strong customer relationships, and understanding their service technicians and service managers needs and capabilities. Many dispatchers don't reach their full potential because they have not had the opportunity to acquire or fully develop the complex skill set needed to be effective in this role.
This dispatcher training program closes that gap with a comprehensive training course created specifically for service dispatchers. This program goes beyond traditional technical training to help develop the advanced skills needed to be highly effective in the dispatcher role. By completing this program, dispatchers will be able to improve their job performance and more effectively contribute to the success of the company.
This highly interactive program will include presentations, group exercises, self assessment tools, and discussion groups. The program will run for two full days. The fee includes a complete and comprehensive manual, snacks and lunch both days.
Module 1: The Dispatcher and the Service Organization
- The Dispatcher's influence in the organization
- The Dispatcher's impact on profitability
Module 2: Communication Skills for the Dispatcher
- Communication skills for interfacing with all types of people
- Four styles of communication
Module 3: Partnering with the Service Technician
- The life of a service call
- Walking in the technician's boots
- Prioritizing service calls
- Matching technician ability to customers and problems
- The art of asking the right questions
Module 4: Servicing the Customer
- Levels of customer satisfaction
- How to turn No's into positives
- Handling difficult customers
- Steps to rapid service recovery
- Applying the finishing touches with correct follow-up
Module 5: Managing the Service Manager
- Managing upward
- Benchmark self-evaluation
- Interpersonal, self-management and technical skills
- Taking charge of your job and career
Module 6: Working with the rest of the team
- A day in the life of a Dispatcher
- Getting rid of stress
- Personal action plan
Instructor: Richard Worr