Microsoft Project for Construction (Advanced) 2 day course
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
OCA Members: $650.
ADVANCED MS PROJECT FOR CONSTRUCTION
(change management, resource loading, project tracking, templates, tools for efficiency)
CCA has accredited this course for 2 Gold Seal Special Industry Credits (SIC)
- Use MS Project for better communication with site, trades, within your company and with customers.
- Transfer your years of experience and the information you have to new hires.
- Standardize Project Plans to facilitate communication and make project documents and Gantt Charts easier to read
- Create a Master Template to streamline the project planning and project tracking processes.
- Industry best practises for planning and tracking of projects. Save time by creating As-Builts as you go along. At the end of the project and in the event of claims or disputes, the records are complete.
- Change Management and documentation of change orders.
- Resource Management Equipment, Subcontractors, Trades, Crews creating updated work calendars
8. Utilize Resource options to create Look-Ahead reports and check lists for site supervisors.
9. Using early warning systems such as Earned Value, Cash Flow and other costing reports to identify problems early in the process to get the project back on track.
Learn to streamline project tracking. Create the As-Built as you go along and reap the benefits of an improved PM process. Enable better communications between managers, site and subs. Have accurate records of what is going on onsite at all times. Be able to anticipate the effects of changes. Use the tools in MS Project to easily communicate these changes. Produce the reports and graphs at the press of a button.
Who should Attend:
For the PM, estimator, site super, who has used MS Project.
Prerequisites: MS Project for Construction or Intermediate User of MS Project
Industry best practises for planning and tracking of projects, resource management, management of subcontractors and cost control:
1. Advanced features in MS Project Scheduling and Cost Control.
a. Using filters, views and custom columns to generate project plans efficiently
b. Manageable sectioning and other industry best practises
- Resource Management - Equipment, Subcontractors, Trades, Crews
a. Manpower loading
b. Work profiles and reporting
c. Generating 2 week Look-Ahead reports and check lists for site supervisors
d. Resource Schedules
e. Vacation Schedules
f. Rate tables
3. Standardize Project Plans to facilitate communication and make the project plans, reports and Gantt
a. Standardizing Calendars and Templates
b. Custom fields, functions and formulas
4. Change Management
a. Tracking and Reporting Project changes and delays
b. Multiple Baselines and Interim Plans
c. Hammock Tasks
d. Risk Management - anticipating then mitigating or capitalizing on changes
5. Reporting techniques
a. advanced filters and groups
b. understanding early warning systems such as Earned Value, Cash Flow and other costing
reports to identify problems early in the process to get the project back on track
c. Reporting Actuals
d. Compare baselines and As-Builts for claims processes
e. Current activities, slipping task and completed task reports
Enrollment is limited to 12 persons to ensure that each participant receives individualized attention. This is a hands-on workshop and laptops with software are provided for the duration of the course.