CST: Building High Performance Teams
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 3 hours
OCA Members: $150.00
About Construction Supervisor Training (CST):
CST puts an emphasis on practical knowledge, providing participants with the skills and resources needed to excel at new challenges on the job site. This comprehensive program provides it all and is delivered in manageable segments by Subject Matter Experts.
CST is comprised of 8 Modules:
Modules may be taken in any order, but it is recommended that you begin the program by taking Oh Crap, I’m a Supervisor. Upon completing all 8 modules you will be able to register for the CST program graduation ceremony where you will be presented with a Construction Supervisor Training (ICI) certificate.
Individuals are free to take any Construction Supervisor Training module without pursuing the Certificate.
Building High Performance Teams:
As a construction supervisor, building strong teams is critical to achieving project goals. Crews that identify as a team recognize the benefit of teamwork and of contributing to the team’s goals. Supervisors who are strong team leaders can develop their crews into a high-performance team – that is, a team that provides its products and services on time, on budget, and according to the level of quality the customer requires.
Building High Performance Teams is intended to help you develop your team building skills. In this module, you will learn the characteristics of high performing teams, team dynamics, and gain a level of confidence in your ability to identify various circumstances and conditions that control the outcomes of your teams.
With this 3 hour module you will earn ½ Gold Seal Credit.
- Describe the four stages of team development and the supervisor’s role in each stage
- Describe the characteristics of high performing teams
- Identify their own team style when working on teams
- Identify ways to improve their team style to become a more effective team leader
- Develop a team charter
- Assign team roles and responsibilities
- Ensure your team has the knowledge it requires
- Give and accept constructive feedback
- Facilitate team-based decision making using boundary conditions
- Follow a defined process for solving problems
- Resolve conflict using a defined process