Reasonable Suspicion: Drug & Alcohol Testing and Fitness-for-Duty in the Workplace
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
OCA Members: $137.50
Reasonable suspicion training is an important tool employers can use to help manage the misuse of alcohol and drugs in the workplace. Properly trained and educated supervisors will have the ability to contribute to a healthy and safe workforce by being able to recognize the signs and symptoms of potential substance impairment.
What is included?
- 4 hour interactive course
- Workbooks and all course materials
- Certificate of Completion
- The regulations surrounding Reasonable Suspicion Training
- What “reasonable suspicion” means and how it differs from other testing
- How to action the Reasonable Suspicion five step process
- The Supervisors role and responsibilities
- How to recognize the signs and symptoms of alcohol and drug use
- How to approach employees in a professional and respectful manner
- How to effectively complete the required documentation
This course in particular, Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors, has the goal in mind to assist companies to know what to look for in terms of signs & symptoms of potential alcohol or drug use on the work site, what to document to ensure all requirements as per best practice guidelines are met, how to approach an employee in a professional and respectful manner as well as how to test for drugs & alcohol.