Communication, Negotiation & Conflict Resolution - E-learning course
The course duration is approximately 5 hrs
To enroll in this course, you must purchase a PIN number. PIN's cost $150.00 each plus HST.
To order a PIN click the 'ORDER PIN' button below.ORDER PIN
The information presented in this course will help you to improve your communication
skills both written and oral, your negotiating skills and conflict resolution abilities alongside
co-workers and on the job site every day.
The Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution course has been designed to help improve written, oral and negotiating skills within the construction industry. The course contains interactive elements, case studies, practical examples, a search function, course glossary and reference library.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Overcome communication barriers,
• Communicate clearly using a variety of methods,
• Apply communication skills to lead a meeting,
• Define a conflict,
• Identify the stages of conflict,
• Apply assertiveness techniques to help people understand your point,
• Work with difficult behaviours more effectively,
• Describe the criteria for an effective negotiator,
• Describe how power can be used or abused in negotiation,
• Identify when to close negotiations.
This course is intended for anyone in the construction and maintenance industry who must interact effectively and professionally with employees, subcontractors, owners, clients, engineers and employers
The course duration is approximately 5 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.