Microsoft Excel for Construction (Beginners)
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 1 day
OCA Members: $275.00
Microsoft Excel is an excellent tool to calculate and track important information.
If tasks such as tracking expenses, jobs and equipment, or creating estimates are work that you do, then this course will help save you time and money. If you have ever used a spreadsheet created by someone else and struggled, then this course is for you.
Do you calculate production rates? keep track of costs or budgets? Excel makes these tasks easy and it gives you a record of all your calculations (unlike your calculator). Excel makes it easy to verify your work and enter changes.
Our one day workshop will show you how to use Excel to do all these things. Learn to create your own spreadsheets and change existing ones.
The Construction Professional will be able to use Excel to create estimates, track expenses, calculate overruns, track production rates, calculate materials usages:
- Create better financial estimates of projects
- Calculate and create records of production rates
- Maintain better financial records of business expenses
- Be able to do tracking of expenses and revenues by job
- Basic Spreadsheets for Simple Estimates
- Numerical calculations using excel
- Incorporating financial information (estimates) into Word documents
- Creating simple estimates
- Using formulas
- Creating Budgets
- Calculating Production Rates
- Tracking Expenses
- Simple calculations over time – expense tracking
- Record Keeping – jobs and equipment
- Subtotals – tracking by job or location
- Filters – analyzing results
- If Statements
- Multiple books and Links – job tracking
- Year Over Year Comparisons and Reporting
- Conditional Formatting
This is a hands-on workshop and laptops with software and all necessary materials are provided.
Enrollment is limited to 12 people to ensure that each participant receives individualized attention.
CCA has accredited this course for 1 Gold Seal Special Industry Credit (SIC)
Participants should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer (create a letter, create an email, find files). For people who do not have these skills, we offer a course titled ‘In from the Site’ which is designed specifically for construction personnel unfamiliar with computer office technologies.