In From the Site - Office Computer Programs Simplified - 2 Day Course
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 2 days
OCA Members: $550
Have you worked on construction sites for years and are now in the office?
Are you finding yourself asking co-workers for help too often?
Do you have the valuable site experience, but not the computer skills to be as effective as you could be?
As a valuable employee, your transition into the office is important. This course will help make the transition a smooth one.
ES Computer Training is pleased to introduce a new training workshop that will familiarize you with several of the most prominent Microsoft programs: Excel for calculations, Word for notes, files and letters, Outlook for emails. We’ll also provide an introduction to estimating software, MS Project for Project Management and RiskMP for Risk Management.
This two-day, hands-on, instructor-led course will provide you with a broad overview and a good, general understanding of each of these most widely used programs and is ideal for anyone with limited computer experience who is interested in or has been asked to perform an office role. This course focuses on construction specific examples and scenarios.
- Computer familiarity
- Finding files, saving, deleting
- Keyboard efficiency / shortcuts
- Email, calendars, scheduling
- PDF’s and markups
- Computer tools for project management
- Microsoft Word
- Creating documents, managing files, some basic skills and a basic intro to computers, using Word
- Learn about how/where your files are stored and how to find them
- Microsoft Excel
- Creating spreadsheets to calculate costs, estimate projects, keep track of jobs, people, and materials
- Calculate productivity
- Microsoft Outlook
- Email management including organization, junk mail, and rules
- Attachments and document handling
- Organizing schedules, as well practical contact management
- Microsoft Project
- Updating a project schedule
- Creating a simple schedule
- Risk Management
- Identify and communicate project risks to the team
- Flag changes and send alerts
- Basic project tracking
- Estimating a simple job
- PDF Markups
- Editing and marking up PDF’s
- Managing versions
This is a hands-on workshop and laptops with software and all necessary materials are provided.
Enrollment is limited to 12 people to ensure that each participant receives individualized attention.
CCA has accredited this course for 2 Gold Seal Special Industry Credits (SIC).
A desire to learn