Driving Business Success with HR - Linking and Leveraging People Best-Practices
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 1 day
OCA Members: $280.
Lunch is included
In the spring of 2017, tap Strategy & HR Consulting hosted a successful information session, “Linking HR Strategy & Best-Practices to Business Success”. The immediate and subsequent feedback was extremely positive, and the Ottawa Construction Association received requests to cover topics in more detail through a workshop format.
Driving Business Success with HR – Linking and Leveraging People Best-Practices is a full day workshop in response to member feedback, covering topics from tap Strategy’s Human Resources Management & Employee Lifecycle.
Your team is your business’s greatest asset, however the planning, support systems, tools, and processes that go into running your business are often not applied to the same level for those you ultimately depend on to make your business successful. HR is often an after-thought, when you hit a certain level of growth, run into challenges, or are faced with questions that govern the employee legislative relationship – and as a successful business, you often do not have the time, resources, or knowledge needed to ensure sustainable best-practices are in-place.
Driving Business Success with HR – Linking and Leveraging People Best-Practices will cover:
- Essential HR elements and their practical application for small and medium business that are needed to ensure business and people success
- An understanding of how HR practices are linked and can be leveraged for success through the Human Resources Management & Employee Lifecycle
Topics will include:
- Making Sense of the HR Lifecycle Elements and How They Are Linked
- Workforce Readiness:
- Workforce planning
- HR’s role in the organization’s structure
- Employment contracts
- Tools of the Trade:
- Competencies – The What and the HOW – basics and application
- Legislation and how it impacts your business
- Managing Your Workforce
- Managing in a multi-generational environment
- Employee retention
- Succession planning
- Performance management (high-level discussion – a Performance Management & Development session will be offered in the spring)
Click the link below to listen to tap Strategy’s pod cast by Terri Harrison, where she shares her thoughts about how your business can be impacted when solid HR plans are, or aren’t, in place, and how small to medium sized businesses can benefit from doing it right. http://tapstrategyandhr.com/human-resources-necessity-not-luxury-business-success/
Who should attend:
- HR practitioners or those charged with HR responsibilities
- Anyone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of Human Resources
This session will be led by:
Lunch is included