Cost-effective Recruiting and Succession Planning - Accessing College Co-op Programs for Talent
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 1 hr.
OCA Members: $0.
Join the Algonquin College co-op department at the OCA on March 15, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m for a FREE, 60-minute, “coffee and donuts” information session that will cover:
- Current labour market, demographic trends, and how Algonquin College is responding.
- Financial incentives for hiring co-op students (up to $7,000 per co-op hire)
- Programs offering co-op students and when they are available (Civil Engineering Tech, Architectural Tech, Building Science, etc.)
- Skill sets that Algonquin College co-op students can offer (CAD, Revit, estimating, surveying, solar design, structural analysis, energy performance, etc.)
- How to hire and onboard a co-op student
- Debunking the myths of co-op (It’s not a lot of paperwork)
The talent crunch has arrived in the construction sector, so join the OCA and Algonquin College to discuss strategies to address these challenges and grow your business.