CST: Ethics & Integrity in Construction
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
The course duration is approximately 6.5 hours
OCA Members: $250.00
About Construction Supervisor Training (CST):
CST puts an emphasis on practical knowledge, providing participants with the skills and resources needed to excel at new challenges on the job site. This comprehensive program provides it all and is delivered in manageable segments by Subject Matter Experts.
CST is comprised of 9 Modules:
1. Oh Crap, I'm A Supervisor
2. Effective Meetings & Delegation
3. Ethics & Integrity in Construction
4. Conflict Resolution
5. Great Communicators Make Great Supervisors
6. Human Resources Practices
7. Coaching Skills for Supervisors
8. Building High Performance Teams
9. IHSA Basics of Supervising
Modules may be taken in any order. After completing all 9 modules you can request to receive the Construction Supervisor Training (ICI) Certificate of Achievement.
Individuals are free to take any Construction Supervisor Training module without pursuing the Certificate.
Ethics & Integrity in Construction:
Construction Supervisors are effective when they are trusted by their crew, other crews and senior managers. Engendering trust requires supervisors to demonstrate that they are “trustworthy” – that is, they behave with integrity, make ethical decisions, act in accordance with a company code of ethics, and promote respect in the workplace. Working within an ethical framework helps supervisors to make sure their crews are following the rules and that problems are dealt with fairly and promptly.
This module is intended to give participants an opportunity to explore how ethics and integrity are translated into behaviours in the workplace. In this module we will look at ethics, what it is and how it applies to the workplace and most importantly, how to make ethical choices and decisions in your role as a Construction Supervisor.
With this 6 hour module you will be provided with lunch and you will earn 1 Gold Seal Credit.
- Describe the concept of ethics
- Recognize acceptable and ethical behaviour
- Identify your ethical style and personal values
- Identify external influences to ethical decisions
- Apply a Risk Assessment and Decision Making Model
- Establish a company code of ethics