Managing CCDC Contracts for Project Success Do your Job! - with Multi-Disciplinary Trainers
Upcoming SessionsThere are currently no upcoming sessions scheduled for this course
OCA Members: $487
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers' knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This course moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned.
A team of multi-disciplinary experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it's not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it's about what is “written”!
Where do we run into problems most often with contract compliance and how do we mitigate these problems?
Whether you are the Project Owner, the Consultants, or the Contractors, first you need to understand what you have agreed to in the CCDC and related contracts, and why the clause exists in the first place. NOT opening, reading and understanding the contract requirements until it's too late is exactly what gets us into trouble time and time again on construction projects. Waiting until there is conflict and only then referring to the contract to see how, or if, we can get out of the problem is like playing Russian roulette.
BE AWARE: In the nuances of the prime contract clauses, there are implications and requirements impacting all partners including the Consultants and Subcontractors.
In this session, from a team of industry partners' perspectives, you will:
- Learn which CCDC and related clauses and concepts in the different project delivery methods consistently create challenges and conflict
- Discover what these clauses mean and why they exist
- Explore how to mitigate the pain points associated with these clauses by developing your “go forward” strategies and practices
- Apply your skills to a specific scenario by presenting possible outcomes and strategies to achieve alignment by all parties.
You can keep on doing what you are doing and expect things to get better, but we all know that is the definition of insanity! Stop the insanity and find better ways of addressing the contractual obligations you have agreed to!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Understanding the impact of non-standard clauses is important for all industry partners! This course is most applicable to mid-management personnel from the following roles/disciplines who are familiar with standard contract clauses.
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes):
- April 22 - 3:30pm – 4:00pm EST
- Three (3) morning sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days
- Day 1: Tuesday, April 27 - 10:30am-2:30 pm EST
- Day 2: Wednesday, April 28 - 10:30am-2:30 pm EST
- Day 3: Thursday, April 29 -10:30am-2:30 pm EST
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
This workshop requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions:Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
- Debbie Hicks, BSc | DSH Consulting - Workshop Facilitator
- Dean C. Slater, P. Eng., GSC
- Bill Chomik, AAA, SAA, OAA, AIBC, FRAIC, RCA – Kasian, Senior Principal, VP Institutional
- Hugh Loughborough, P. Eng., GSC