WEBINAR - Construction 101 & Beyond
Construction 101 & Beyond - 2 Day Course
This course is designed to help the new and existing administrative staff become more knowledgeable about the basics of the construction industry. This course will show how various stakeholders – owners, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and service providers fit into the Industry. Participants will engage in learning activities that will enable them to appreciate project delivery from concept to closeout.
Who should attend:
New employees and those in administrative support roles for:
- Contractors - Generals and Trades
- Buyers of Construction Services - Municipalities, School Districts, etc.
- Design Consultants - Engineers and Architects
- A must-have course for intern architects and engineers new to administering construction contracts, calling tenders and recommending award of contracts to owners
- Also, an excellent course for representatives of Owners (Project Managers and Coordinators) who are new to the role of capital projects
Course outline: Delivered over two days.
- Introduction to the Construction Industry – roles and responsibilities
- Construction Documents – bid documents and format of specs and drawings
- Tendering, Bidding and Award of Contracts – calling and receiving of bids
- Format of Contracts – features and types such as lump sum CCDC 2, CM, Design-Build, Unit price
- Other Legal – general principles of law, contract vs tort, what is a breach of contract, Lien Act
- Risk Management in Construction - insurance, performance bonds, L & M bonds, Liability risks
- Construction Project Management & Administration – start up to close out basics