Best Practices to Developing Project Specific Procurement Documents - CCDC 00 & CCDC 23
Full day seminar based on CCDC 00 (2018) Master Specification for Division 00 – 2018: Procurement & Contracting Requirements and CCDC 23 (2018) – A Guide to Calling Bids & Awarding Construction Contracts
This one-day training session is targeted to those in the design and procurement process that are involved with or are responsible for preparing construction Bid Documents, calling for bids and awarding construction contracts by, or on behalf, of a procurement authority.
OCA is fortunate to have as our lecturer architect John G. Davies - former Chair of CCDC and nationally recognized arbitrator and authority on standard contractual and tendering practices.
Attendees will be educated on the best practices for preparing the front-end details of a construction tender based on the recently released CCDC 23 (2018) – A Guide to Calling Bids & Awarding Construction Contracts and the CCDC 00 (2018) Master Specification for Division 00 – 2018: Procurement & Contracting Requirements – which is a series of editable procurement and contracting templates. A sampling of topics covered include:
• Summary of fundamental principles under the law of competitive bidding
• Overview of the bid documents – Division 00 to Division 49
• Calling for Bids – bid solicitation, bidding period & scheduling, pre-bid meetings & site visits, Supplementary conditions, Bid forms, Alternative Prices
• Receiving bids – bid closing dates & times, bid modifications, bid opening, two-stage closing
• Awarding the contract – evaluation for compliance, selection of successful bidder, contract award, post-bid negotiations and re-bidding, owner’s responsibilities, notification of award
NOTE: Attendees will be provided with a hard-copy of CCDC 00 (2018) Master Specification for Division 00 but are encouraged to buy the electronic editable version for $200 in advance of the class. Also included is the CCDC 23 (2018) - A Guide to Calling Bids & Awarding Contracts ($35 value). Lunch is also included.